Location: Remote, CA
Industry: Computer Software
Hours: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Salary: Competitive, Depends on experience
Benefits: Competitive benefits offered
About Nortridge Software
Nortridge Software has a mission to create the most flexible loan servicing software that offers loan servicing operations from origination to collections and reporting. For over 20 years, Nortridge has been empowering organizations that are redefining the lending industry. Our software is the engine that will drive the lending platforms of the future.
Nortridge is privately owned. A start-up culture and atmosphere is maintained; while having the financial stability of established companies. Everyone’s ideas are heard. Every employee’s contribution makes an impact and is duly recognized.
About the Position
The software developer will be responsible for building new functionality in our software while maintaining existing code base. Due to the complexity and nature of financial software, our core application is a desktop application built using C++, MFC and Visual Studio. Microsoft SQL Server is the database engine hosting all of data. The software developer needs to have experience and knowledge of working with transactional databases like SQL Server.
There is a limited functionality web application that is also distributed with our software. Our current platform offers web services which many of our clients integrate into. We plan to expand and potentially re-write the web services platform to empower new mobile and web front-ends. The software developer needs to be comfortable writing RESTful and SOAP-based web services. We plan to migrate our SOAP web services to REST.
The ideal candidate needs to be comfortable learning new or existing technologies quickly. The candidate is expected to be a team player who will be working alongside other developers, quality assurance engineers, technical writers, and product managers. The developer will be expected to work closely with QA in resolving potential issues that QA finds in the software.
Required Skills and Experience
- Expert in developing software using C++.
- Object-oriented programming experience is required. Solid understanding of pointers, references, polymorphism, inheritance and threading.
- Experience developing software using Visual Studio.
- Comfortable working in a Windows environment.
- Experience using any source code control system is important.
- Software product development experience is required.
- Fast learner and able to understand new concepts quickly.
- Ability to analyze requirements and convert them into design and implementation.
- Experienced developing using database systems (SQL Server or Oracle). Knowledge of database normalization and query optimization.
- Team player with ability to work alongside other team members and groups.
- Be professional and courteous while holding up department policies and procedures.
- Own assigned tasks and see them through to completion. The developer owns their development task until QA passes the implementation.
- High organizational and time management skills.
- Experience in financial services industry or similar business. Working knowledge of business concepts in finance and/or accounting.
- Prior financial software implementation or rollout experience is a big plus.
- Any experience with C# is a plus.
- Web services knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with MFC is not required but a plus.
- Understand software development life cycle from requirements, analysis, development, QA and release.
- Understanding software development technologies like XML, JSON and/or HTML.
- The appropriate candidate must demonstrate a good command of both written as well as oral communication.
Date Posted: 05-24-21